Shamrock Rovers is an Irish soccer club from Dublin. As for the Shamrock Rovers FC winning titles they include those won in the league (16), those won in a cup of Ireland (24) and the Irish League Cup (18). The club became the national Ireland soccer team more times than any other club made. Shamrock Rovers was founded in the urban area of Dublin’s Ringsend. The official founding date of the club is in 1901. They won the league title on the first try of the season 1922/23, and proved to be the most successful club in Ireland in 1949, winning 44 major trophies by this time. In 1950 the club won three league titles and two Irish Cups becoming the first Irish club, who took part in European competition. The club won the European Cup in season 1956/57. In 1960′s the Club set cup record winning – 6 trophies in a row since the season 1963/64.
The home arena of the soccer club was the stadium of Glenmalure Park in the period from 1926 to 1987, when the owners sold the stadium. Shamrock Rovers in the coming 1922 marched to hold home games at different stadiums in Dublin, as well as outside the city limits. Prior to the season 2009 the club moved to the Tulla Stadium after several years of delays and legal disputes, during which the supporters of the club saved them from extinction.
Shamrock Rovers players wore green and white striped jerseys until 1926, when they included green and white hooped strips. The emblem of the club has a soccer ball and a shamrock on throughout history. It has a relatively large group of fans and an intense rivalry with fellow countrymen from the football club of Bohemians.
The earliest mention of the club in the newspaper archives of the National Library of Ireland comes from 1901, and articles in a club program on December 28, 1941 claim that the club was founded in this year. There are only two certainties about the date of origin of the club, according to which the team played only exhibition games during the first two years of existence and the registration of the club in the Leinster Football Association was in 1901. In essence, the dispute is around the fact of whether friendly matches were played before or after registration. Throughout 1970 and 1980, the year of 1899 was written on the gates of the stadium of Glenmalure Park, but since 1990 the year 1901 was adopted as the foundation of the club.